Dr. Ruth Nsibirano
Dr. Ruth Nsibirano is a Senior Lecturer as the School of Women and Gender Studies, Makerere University. She lectures Research Methods, Gender and Human Resources Management, Approaches to Gender and Development Practice. She has a Masters in e-Teaching (University of Agder, Norway), PhD in Gender Studies (Makerere University), MA, Women Studies (Makerere University) and a Bachelor of Library and Information Science (Hons) (Makerere University)
Dr. Ruth Nsibirano is the Postgraduate programme coordinator and contact person for the students in the School since 2018. In this capacity she is involved with the distribution of the teaching load, timetabling, handling results, preparing and running examinations, and monitoring and evaluating the postgraduate teaching within the School.
Dr. Nsibirano has skills and expertise in;
- Mainstreaming Gender
- With a Masters in e-Teaching I have competencies in designing online content, training manuals, course guides and electronic books
- I have skills to deliver courses in a blended environment
Information Management Skills
- Conducting scooping studies and systematic reviews
- Self-Achieving to enhance visibility
- Reference management using Endnote reference manager
- Social Research using qualitative and Mixed Methods approaches
- Skills in qualitative data analysis using ATLASI. Ti software
Her Research Interests include: Gender and ICT in Institutions of Higher Learning, particular the use of ICTs to enhance access to education, enhance teaching and learning experiences, (Distance Education, Blended Learning), Gerontology, Gender in Library and Information Management, Community Engagement for Transformation, Children’s’ Rights.