Call for Applications for the Job of Centre Administrator, ARUA Centre of Excellence
About the ARUA Centre of Excellence in Notions of Identity:
The ARUA Centre of Excellence in Notions of Identity is a Centre of Makerere University hosted in the School of Women and Gender Studies. It is a multi-disciplinary centre linking with other disciplines within Makerere and other universities. It is a consortium of six universities with several nodal universities and stakeholders. The Centre has three output areas namely: Academic; Capacity Building; and Networking and Visibility.
The objectives of the Centre are to:
- Develop a network of African institutions and researchers engaging with the question of identity
- Share knowledge, skills and other resources between the network partners in the Centre of Excellence.
- Develop a research agenda in the area of Identities in Africa between network partners
- To develop an intellectual community to engage with the notion of identity in each partner university
- Build capacity to research identities in Africa in the partner universities
The Centre seeks to hire a qualified Ugandan for the following position:
The Centre administartor will support the Centre Director in the day to day running of the Centre.
The Centre Director
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Center activities.
- Support the development of work plans, preparation of narrative and financial reports, and other materials relevant to the projects under the Centre.
- Follow up on donor reporting processes while ensuring that donor requirements are met.
- Monitoring the implementation of project activities, work plans, and timelines.
- Participating in and recording minutes of all Centre and project implementation meetings
- Attend all meetings of the Centre
- Communication and correspondence with research teams both within Makerere University and Partner Universities.
- Monitoring budget compliance.
- Participating in the implementation of centre activities.
- Ensuring that the Centre Website is up to date.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least an Upper Second Class Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities
- Experience in research support and project management
- Qualified and interested candidates are invited to submit the following application documents and a motivation letter clearly highlighting the position being applied for to the following address:
ARUA CoE in Identities,
School of Women and Gender Studies (Dean’s Office),
- Application Documents
a) Motivational Letter
b) Resume with contacts of 2 professional referees
c) Copies of all relevant academic documents
- Soft copies of the applications should be submitted as one PDF file to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on February 26, 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.